Thursday, July 1, 2010

The 2010 World Cup, Round of 16 (Post XI)

Hello All,
I will start by saying that of course I was deeply disappointed with the US's 2-1 loss to Ghana in the Round of 16, but I was immensely pleased with the overall run of the team through the Cup this year. We may have initially underestimated Slovenia and Algeria (and also Ghana) but we still played pretty well this year. This has been my favorite US soccer team to watch and I hope a majority of them will return in four years in Brazil. GO USA!

Second of all, I was very excited watching all of these games. I was happy to see a couple of extra time games and even the first penalty kicks of the tournament. I was disappointed to see Japan and South Korea eliminated, but they also played great this summer. Good run guys.

I do admit, that I enjoyed England's loss at the hands of Germany. I am not a fan of Wayne Rooney, and think that he was grossly overrated in regard to this cup. He didn't score a goal and was even a sore enough loser to call out his own fans. I don't like him and probably never will. Other than that, it was great to see Germany dominate.

I know many are thinking that England and Mexico got screwed in their games, but let me reassure people that while they DID have those calls go against them, neither team would have came out on top. Argentina was too strong of a team to go against Mexico. They would have lost anyway. While many believe that England's second goal would have brought them back, play a different style, and possibly turn the game around, I honestly think that it would have just turned out Germany winning 4-2 instead of 4-1. Germany is also too strong of a team, and England just played awful in this cup. Yea, hurray for Manchester U, Chelsea (my team), and a few others for having English superstars, but they just don't play well together.

Well there are some massive games coming up tomorrow and Saturday. I am most excited to see the Germany vs. Argentina game. That should be something special. The Netherlands vs. Brazil is also great. I am pulling for a Netherlands upset for that one. I'm sure Brazil will come away with the win (and what the hell, I have a Brazil vs. Spain final predicted), but my heart would love to see the Dutch take it. Be on the look out for Sneijder to step up even MORE to take on the Brazilians. Watch out for Kaka and the one yellow he already has. I'm hoping Spain should have no problem taking out Paraguay. God, I wish David Villa would come over to Chelsea. (Although Barcelona has always been my second European team and I love their roster). Well thanks for readin...

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment